RRCC Media Response to the Recycling Markets Crisis
This Media Kit is designed to:
- Educate your cities, counties, LEAs, etc. about the financial impacts of the markets crisis and the likelihood of necessary rate increases
- Educate state and local governments on the need to incentivize domestic market/infrastructure development
This Media Kit is available to you and the public so that you can share it with your jurisdictions about the reality of the Recycling Markets crisis. We've been hearing from our members that many cities and counties are unsure about the magnitude of the crisis. This Media Kit will give you the back-up you need, as the resources on the page will continue to be built on a daily basis from all of the press (TV, newspaper, radio, social media) that is being generated.
Our talking points, and yours as well, include:
- China National Sword and the impact on markets
- The true cost of recycling and the cost per household (what once was a funding stream to offset rates is now a cost)
- Education to address contamination to residents (keep recycling items in your recycling cart – but clean up the stream)
Check back here on a regular basis. If you are meeting with press, be sure to send them here as well.
Click link to view video, audio or article.
Please email email@example.com to add media links from all sources.
7/7/20: Resource Recycling News - Another major shipping line ends scrap service to China
6/16/20: Waste Dive - Indonesia appears to have finalized scrap import rules
6/10/20: Plastics Recycling Update - Shipping giant stops taking exports to Hong Kong
6/10/20: Resource Recycling News - Shipping giant stops taking fiber exports to China
5/13/20: Plastics Recycling Update - Scrap plastic exports are dropping again this year
5/6/20: Plastics Recycling Update - Low virgin plastics pricing pinches recycling market further
5/5/20: Waste360.com - China Indicates Foreign Recyclables Shutdown Will Be Permanent